|A concrete overlay we applied to a wooden subfloor, for our Kelowna client.|
Why do people love concrete floors?
- Well, firstly and most importantly... they look AWESOME!
- They are easy to clean and maintain.
- Amazing longevity, concrete will likely outlive you and your house. Concrete lasts much longer when compared to other flooring materials.
- Concrete is heat and spill resistant.
- Super durable and easier to repair than other options.
- Concrete is a clean flooring surface, with little worry of bacteria or allergens since there is usually no grout lines.
- Concrete floors wear wonderfully, concrete is totally unique and raw - it ages just like natural stone.
- Future changes (colors, finishes, stains) are usually easy to change and personalize, if your style changes or if you sell your house. Concrete is easy to cover if you ever want to install other flooring on top.
- Concrete skim coats, micro-toppings and overlays are similar to the thickness and weight of tile.
- The top reason that people love concrete floors, is how shockingly stunning they are!